Sunday, June 10, 2012

Moving On by Light Give Heat

Light Gives Heat is a very snazzy organization that decreases world-suck and increases awesome by providing steady employment for women in Uganda and spreading their stories and beautiful products to the rest of the world. Most of my bracelets/ necklaces and purses are from Light Gives Heat and I love them all.  The products are beautiful, the stories are full of hope, and it all equals out to lots and lots of awesome.

Whenever people say I'd really appreciate it, I quote Strongbad in my brain
"Well I hope the stores still take I'd-really-appreciate-its!
Cause I know they stopped accepting I'll-be-your-best-friends"

Currently Light Gives Heat is second place in voting to win lots and lots of money from Cultivate Wines. Since I think these guys are pretty much the cat's pajamas I've been voting for them everyday. If you have a second you should vote for them too. I'd really appreciate it.
Although I haven't tried any of their wine (yet) Cultivate looks like a pretty brilliant company as well, so you can check them out as well.
You can vote for Light Give Heat here. The contest voting runs until the end of the month and you are allowed to vote everyday (hint hint so you should nudge nudge) If you just vote today I'd also really appreciate that too!
If you have a few minutes check out the trailer for their film Moving on:


Source: vimeo.com via Megan on Pinterest

And if you have more than a few minutes, check out the full film online here:
I like the movie nearly as much as I like my bright little bracelet and I wear that thing almost everyday. Sorry for the sort-of-weird-blog-post, I'll be back to updating about my life of odd-style-adventures soon. Now go vote! (Or watch! And then tell me what you think about it too)




Source: vimeo.com via Megan on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment