Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Blogging 'bout Ireland

I'm moving to Ireland in 20 days! 
I leave Jan 2 then I'm living in Galway until the end of May ^_^ Excitement doesn't begin to cover it -- more along the lines of giddiness and nearly non-stop urge to happy-dance.  Although there is still part of me that I think will be slightly surprised when I actually board and plane or when I touch down and actually really arrive in Ireland.  Right now I think this feeling has a lot to do with my internal-calender knowing that I leave one week after Christmas; said internal-calender knows that Christmas cannot be very soon, because it is barely chillier than sweat-shirt-weather most days still.  However this is a trick that our dear Maryland weather is playing on my not-so-overly-reliable-internal-calender.  Because as it turns out the real calenders all agree that Christmas is only 12 days away and I'm leaving quite soon in reality. 
The countdown is really happening now with lots of things: I only have 4 more shifts at Starbucks, 5 nights for swing dancing, and 2 more paychecks before I head out.  
These facts bring out a reaction of equal parts: YAAYYYYY *EXCITEMENT* and also AHHHH *STRESS*.  But hey, fear and excitement feel the same in your body - same twist of nerves, it is just that one seems fun and the other doesn't.  It's all about the stories we tell ourselves. 
I'm super pumped about the stories I'm going to have from this adventure in Ireland and I hope you will enjoy them too. I have had this blog for a while and I used it some in the spring, but I went and hide all of those posts because those posts are really only interesting for me. (Although I didn't deleted them, because I want them still, just unpublished them cause they are mostly school-stress-rants anyway). 
I will be posting as often as I can about prep-stuffs before I go and being-in-Ireland-adventures once I'm there (IN LESS THAN THREE WEEKS!)

No comments:

Post a Comment